Monday, December 18, 2006

ICS (Chris)tmas Party

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so in our blog we will be posting the equivalent of all of our course papers for the semester (if only it was that easy...). We also figured that you might not want to hear what we might post this week, since we have been working on said course papers all week and might inadvertently blurt out a sentence containing more than 40 words that are the size of your right leg. Actually, that last sentence may be a great example of that... On to the pictures.

What will we be seeing pictures of? Well, funny you should ask. ICS just had its annual Christmas party last Friday, and one of our friends brought a digital camera--hip hip hooray! So, you can have the insider scoop of what Christmas is like at ICS. The first big one is Mike and I before the party--excuse my funny talking face, I guess that spontaneity is just what you risk for catching a tender moment...


First of all, there is mood lighting and decorations. Our good friends set up all the little christmas lights, and filled the centerpieces, and lit the candles, prompting it to look so VERY trendy and chic on the fourth floor of 229 College Street. Wow--I think the blurryness makes it look even more exciting, don't you think?





Then, of course, there is alcohol. But, my friends, this is no ordinary wine. Jeff, Chris and Mike are drinking nothing but the finest homemade Borolo that you can find in Ontario. I know, because I made it. Ok, they picked it out (and then told me that it was Borolo instead of what it really is--Barolo), but I got to bottle them right before the party and affix the fancy label you can see in the picture ( I love rubber cement!). The "V" you can see stands for our wine-making crew, "The Five philosophers" as well as the first letters in our title "Vino Veritas" Oh, it is so chic!


And then, of course, there is the entertainment. Chris is a fantastic guitar player, but I can't tell you about his ivory-tinkling abilities because this picture was taken later. But it is a fine picture of our MC, doing something not-really-MC like. The real entertainment was legendary, so I guess you'll just have to wait to hear about it as the legends go! But seriously, it would be impossible for me to tell you about it--it was the entertainment that can not be named...




And who would stay at a party without any friends? Here is a picture of Me and Sara, and then of Mike, Jeff and Chris, once again. Though the mood lighting is gone (they turned on the lights to clean up afterward), here is a less-ambient picture of Sara and Lorraine--the one behind the camera for most of the shots. So often we just see each other in "school clothes" that it was great to be able to have an occasion to dress up. I think we all rose quite well to the occasion! Don't we all look great!?


Finally, the afterparty--Back downstairs in the ICS kitchen. Clean up is over and none of us wants to say goodbye for Christmas break. We had a good time, as you can tell... Need I even say--Our very own Critty-Boy...(Chris, that is...)

6 comments:

M&Y said...

After spending an hour editing, you would think the pictures would be where I would want them. I guess not. That's one hour I'll never get back...

sara without an 'h' said...

But what a wonderful way to spend an hour procrastinating!

Unknown said...

Damn! Missed a good night by the look of it. I was there but apparently I'm invisible to the camera. Being forced to skip the after party sucks too. Oh well, have a good solstice and thanks for posting the photos. :)

sara without an 'h' said...

NICE title, by the way.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

It's good to see that you didn't take Chris out of Christmas.